What Are The Protein Rich Food For Vegetarians | Hey! if you’re looking for protein rich food for vegetarians, So welcome here,In this article we will list all those protein rich food for vegetarians.
According to an article Published By Medical Journal Of Australia, vegetarian diet could provide all the essential protein elements for children, adult and those who were pregnant or breast-feeding.
Here Are 12 Best Plant-Based Proteins
They are gluten-free and are Protein Rich Food For Vegetarians and one of those plant based protein which contain all 22 essential amino acids but also high in magnesium, potassium, calcium,iron, phosphorus , vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants.
- 100g of Quinoa (cooked weight) contains 4gm protein.
- Great alternative to carbohydrate such as rice and couscous.
- Can be useful in Weight loss.
- Contains omega 3 fatty acids which is good for heart.
You can buy quinoa online
Chia Seeds are among the healthiest food on the planet.they are complete source of protein provide massive amount of nutrition with a lesser amount of calories. Chia seeds can be eaten cooked or raw but they should be added with another food or soaked before eating.
- Loaded with antioxidants.
- omega 3 fatty acids.
- A one-ounce (28 gm) serving of chia seeds contains 4 gm protein,11 gm fiber ,9 gm of fat (5 gm of which are omega-3s)
- No sugar
- contain decent amount of zinc, potassium, vitamin 1 and vitamin 2.
Chia Seeds are available from some supermarket, health food stores, or to buy online.
Tofu or bean curd, is a popular food . As a result excellent Protein Rich Food For Vegetarians and potential source of amino acids, iron, calcium and other micro nutrients.
They are versatile ingredient with many health benefits as well as good source of protein and the minerals manganese, selenium, phosphorus. Tofu or soy products contains large amount of Oxalate. So, individuals having history of oxalate containing kidney stones should avoid over consuming soy products.As a result, it should be consumed in limited quantity.
- 100gm of tofu contains 52.47 gm of protein.
- Helps in lowering cholesterol level
- Maintain cardiovascular health
- Anticancer property.
- Helps in lowering weight.
Tofu are available in many supermarket, health food stores, or to buy online.
#5. Nuts and seeds
Nuts and seeds are one of the most important component to maintain healthy life style. they provide adequate amount of protein and energy.
They are essential for fulfilling protein requirement of an individual. They are considered one of the best Protein Rich Food For Vegetarians if used after workout. Some of the best nuts and seeds protein includes:-
- Hemp seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Cashew nuts
- Provide energy throughout the day
- May reduce risk of death from heart disease and cancer.
- Helps in reducing inflammation as well as body fat.
- Beneficial for type 2 diabetes
Nuts and seeds are available from some supermarket, health food stores, or to buy online.
Oats are complex carbohydrate, provide energy and are one of the protein rich food for vegetarians packing 10g per 100g. Rolled oats are most common variety of oat,though not the healthiest and they are gluten-free whole grain.
So, eating a bowl of oats in the morning as a breakfast will be more beneficial for health.
- Oats are rich in antioxidants
- Help in lowering cholesterol
- Control blood sugar
- Weight Loss Benefits
Here are some more health benefits of eating oats.
Oats are available from health food stores or to buy online.
#7. Brown Rice
Brown rice are whole grains. As per HSPS, the fiber in brown rice helps in maintaining cholesterol level, promotes fullness and also helps in preventing formation of blood clots as well as eating oats also helps in preventing colon cancer, breast cancer.
- Controls diabetes
- Prevent obesity
- Helps in preventing Alzheimer
- Improves digestion
Read More About Benefits Of Brown Rice
Brown Rice are available in stores or to buy online
Eating vegetables will boost your immune system, health and will help in making you disease free. So, protein rich vegetable for vegetarians also includes surprising amount of protein:-
- Asparagus – Almost 2g protein per six spears
- Avocado- Over 1g per 1/2 an avocado
- Broccoli- 3g per 80g broccoli
- Sprouts- Almost 2g per 80g sprouts.
- Cauliflower- 1.5g per 80g serving
- Kale- Almost 2g per 80g serving.
- Spinach – 2g per 80g serving
- Sweetcorn- More than 2g for every 3 heaped tablespoons
- Vegetables are packed with vitamins, minerals and fibers but they are low in calories.
- Reduce obesity
- Helps in preventing heart disease
- Control blood pressure
- Boost digestion
- Helps in skin glow
Pulses provides protein and fiber, as well as pulses are source of minerals and vitamins like iron, zinc, magnesium. So, a bowl of beans and peas everyday can enhance quality of diet and also provide energy.
Some Pulses Are:-
- lentils- around 8g of protein per 100g serving
- Chickpeas- 7g of protein per 100g serving
- Beans- 10g of protein per 100g serving
- Good for heart
- Lower risk of diabetes
- Very high in protein
- Great source of folate
Read More Heath Benefits Of Pulses
#10. Dairy products
Dairy products are packed of calcium and protein and a spoon of Greek yogurt is a source of protein contains 6g protein per 100g of yogurt. milk contain 2 types pf protein: whey (20%) and casein (80%) .So, Whey protein is a mixture of beta-lactoglobulin, alpha lactalbumin, bovine serum albumin and immunoglobins.
Here are top 5 whey protein powder
- 100g of cow milk contains 3g of proteins
- 100g of cheddar cheese contain 25g of protein
- Helps in digestion
Eating Protein Rich Food For vegetarians is little bit difficult task but these above options are protein packed components fulfill daily amount of protein intake.
Enjoyed This? Also Read:-